Join the Pet Parade in the Beautiful Downtown Village of La Jolla!
SNAP (Spay-Neuter Action Project) is pleased to present the Second Annual La Jolla Pet Parade & Festival, Sunday, May 23rd, 2010. Join us for a tail-waggin good time as we celebrate our love of animals and raise needed funds to benefit SNAP – a non-profit organization responsible for reducing the number of unwanted puppies and kittens in San Diego County by tens of thousands!
Fun for the whole family – the event includes a festive sidewalk parade in the beautiful downtown Village of La Jolla and a festival offering fun contests, vendor booths and an adoption fair!
Schedule of Events
10-11:00am: Registration, Vendor Village, Entertainment, Pet Adoptions
10:15-11am: Doga Yoga: Stretch with your Pooch courtesy of Prana Yoga
11:15am: Parade Kick off with Celebrity Grand Marshall, Scott Chandler Pro Big Wave Surfer
12-2:00 pm: Contests & Judging in Festival Lot, Vendor Village,Entertainment & Pet-centric Festivities
La Jolla Pet Parade & Festival Pet Contests
Our fetchingly fun festival contests are free to enter. Prizes will be awarded for:
- Cutest Canine
- Most Unique Pet
- Dog Who Most Looks Like Its Owner
- Best Dressed Surfer Dude Doggy
- Best Dressed Surf Diva Dog
- Best Pet Trick
Other fun activities include:
- Meet Our Celebrity Grand Marshall, Professional Big Wave Surfer Scott “Channy” Chandler. Learn more about him at ChandlerSurf.com
- Professional Pet Portraits with Jen Petit (by the Adoption Faire) and “Camera Rover” Cathy Jones
- Sniff out all kinds of great new pet products and services for your pet, yourself, your family and your home
- Pet Adoption Faire: SNAP – Chula Vista Animal Control and a variety of pet rescue groups with animals in need of their forever homes.
Parade & Festival Etiquette
All dogs must be leashed and have ID tags at all times. Please no dogs “in heat,” aggressive dogs nor puppies under four months of age. Please follow traffic laws and signs. Creative costumes are highly recommended but ensure they are safe and comfy for your pet.
For additional information, please contact Nancy Warwick: firstname.lastname@example.org or Candy Schumann: email@example.com. Thank you for your participation and support of this fun event.
This post brought to you LOSE THE LEASH Dog Training San Diego